Drive line system - mechanism that transmits power from the engine to the driving wheels of a motor vehicle
- driveshaft - a rotating shaft that transmits power from the engine to the point of application
- driving wheel - a wheel that drives a motor vehicle (transforms torque into a tractive force)
- driving axle, live axle - the axle of a self-propelled vehicle that provides the driving power
- mechanism - device consisting of a piece of machinery; has moving parts that perform some function
- automotive vehicle, motor vehicle - a self-propelled wheeled vehicle that does not run on rails
- transmission system, transmission - the gears that transmit power from an automobile engine via the driveshaft to the live axle
- universal joint, universal - coupling that connects two rotating shafts allowing freedom of movement in all directions; "in motor vehicles a universal joint allows the driveshaft to move up and down as the vehicle passes over bumps"